Sunday, October 9, 2022

Shakin' All Over

 


There's a blog I check out occasionally that posts some really good music on Saturday mornings. Yesterday he put up a cover of Shakin' All Over by Justin Johnson and Will Lee. I ran across Justin Johnson playing his shovel guitar when I was building the cigar box guitar many years ago. The above is the version from my youth. He also put up a cut from the Shake 'Em Up Jazz Band featuring a young Japanese trombone player, Haruka Kikuchi. The young lady is quite the player. If you're like me and enjoy a variety of styles of music, you should give Tacky Racoons a look.


The coupler and jack showed up for the trailer project yesterday, so I did a little more on that. I cut some angles for the stake pockets and welded those on. I also cut the tongue off. I can weld the coupler on as soon as I sandblast the latch. I should get that done today. I'll cut some more stake pockets as well. The D rings didn't show up with the rest of the order but not like that's going to keep me in the house. I started sanding the frame rails but didn't get real far. I thought I had some more sanding discs for the 7" sander but no such luck. I ordered a pack of 25 - should be here tomorrow. If the weather's decent I'll do a little scraping and wire brushing on the shed trim. I need to get that repainted before the weather closes in. 

Always plenty to do but I'm still moving in the right direction.

2 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

for goodness sake, I got the Hippy Hippy Shakes.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Yep - a whole lot of shakin' goin' on!