Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Last Call for Tee Shirt Tuesday

 


Here's one I like but don't hear too often. However, that's what I like about the two stations I normally listen to. Both of them play a decent variety of music and by switching back and forth I don't get the same songs all the time. It would be nice if I could get some jazz or bluegrass once in a while, but I suppose that would be asking too much. C. Crane has a radio that might allow that to happen. I don't know what kind of reception I would get in the shop, but they do have an additional antenna that might make it work. As it is, the local stations give me a decent selection of music as well as the weather. Fortunately, I don't need to commute, so I don't worry too much about the road reports. I've about got everything ready for winter, so I shouldn't have to leave the house if the weather's bad.

I'm still taking the shotgun approach to working on the projects. I worked on cleaning up the wheels for the trailer on Sunday. They're just a little too big to fit in the sandblaster, so I took a little cup wire wheel to them and cleaned up as much as I could that way, then took them to the tire shop for them to break them down. I'll blast the remaining rust and paint off, get them painted and get the tires remounted. 

Been doing some household chores as well - installed a new shower head, cleaning some windows, mowing for the final time of the season, along with all the usual suspects. I did manage to make a couple of loaves of persimmon bread. The Missus had some dried fruit in the freezer she bought that was a mix for making a fruitcake. Since it had been in the freezer a while, she said I could use that if I wanted. Since the recipe calls for brandy, or cognac, or whiskey, I soaked the dried fruit overnight in  two-thirds of a cup of Irish whiskey to plump it back up. Worked well. The texture and taste are not quite fruitcake, but not supposed to be. I did get a flyer from Gethsemani Farms the other day, coincidentally. Their fruitcake is not cheap, but the best I've ever tasted. Must be the Kentucky bourbon they use.


This one seemed to be the most appropriate tee shirt in the collection to end Tee Shirt Tuesday on. It's been a full year me pulling tee shirts out of the drawers and the tub under the bed. I've still got a few more but that's enough for me. So, from American Machine & Foundry and myself, I say Adios. And you know the rest.

4 comments:

Surly said...

It's pretty funny that on the Wiki page they use the Walter Villa 250 and 350 two stroke road racers as their example of AMF made motorcycles. Uh...not hardly.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I believe most of the development of the two stroke racers was done in conjunction with Aermacchi after HD bought them. It's amazing they were able to defeat Yamaha several years in a row. Villa won the 250 and 350 titles both in '76. I believe I managed to get his autograph at Daytona when we were there that one year. I'd have to check my book to be sure, or you could just confirm that for me.

Surly said...

Exactly my point.

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

people out there turn the music into gold into gold YEAH. girl from Fleetwood Mac backup singer.