Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Hump Day on the Homefront

 


I came across this one on Facebook - that's one sweet Moto Guzzi. I've always had a hankerin' to own one. I thought seriously about buying one of the V7 models before pulling the trigger on the Himalayan. 


There was one of these Griso models for sale locally a couple of years back. The price was decent, probably should have bought it. As little as I ride anymore, probably would have scratched the itch that only a big twin with plenty of torque can do, and I always liked the looks of these.


Making steady progress on the trailer project. Sandblasting the wheels was a slow process, but they look nice. The color is rattle can Garden Green from Ace. It is a one-step prime and paint. I used this paint on the motorbike a few years back and it seems to hold up well. Of course, the motorbike is stored inside, so I don't know how the paint will hold up if the trailer spends most of its time in the elements. Since there are clips for hubcaps on the wheels, I might look into coming up with a pair if I could get them cheap. So far, I'm within my projected budget but hubcaps might be gilding the lily.

As soon as things dry out, I'm going to pull the hubs off and replace or re-pack the wheel bearings. Once the wheels are back on I'll pull the trailer into the big barn and paint the frame. Install the lights after that, put the deck down and it'll be useable. I'll see if I can find replacement bushings for the suspension parts and get those swapped out later on. That's probably not really necessary, but in for a penny, in for a pound and all that. 

No comments: