Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #49


I heard this one on Birdhill Radio the other night - lovely song. Obviously not blossom time of the year now but I won't remember it come springtime, so here it is. I need to put together a collection of Irish tunes to listen to when I'm out in the shop, depending on my mood. I'd also like to go back to Ireland again. I doubt that will ever happen but Canada just opened up their border to those of us without vaccinations, so there's hope. I've got a few things on my dance card already for next year but I suppose Ireland could happen. I've been extremely fortunate to have seen as much of the world as I have. But if I can stay healthy and the world doesn't burn to the ground, I might get to Ireland once more along with Spain, Scotland and the bike races on the Isle of Man. 


I got this one for helping Cuzzin Ricky out. He bought a truck from this outfit and he needed a driver to bring his other vehicle home after the purchase. Apparently, Fine Rides gives a tee shirt to anyone who buys a vehicle from them but Rick conned them out of another one to give to me for helping him out. Normally our payment system consists of buying breakfast but it's not like we put much effort into keeping score. I do have a coupon for a haul with his car trailer in the bank with no expiration date, other than one of the two of us, that is.


Did some more trimming on the trees yesterday morning as well as cleaning up the branches from the last batch. Then I moved on to the trailer project. I got the majority of the fab work done. I was just getting ready to weld down the front crossmember when the guy showed up who is going to replace the power pole that feeds the shop. By the time he left it was getting late and I was getting hungry, so I called it a day. I'll get that one welded in place and then make something up to raise the next one back up the two inches needed. I've got some short pieces of the rectangular tubing left from altering the length. Rather than running a piece all the way across, I'll make three short pieces and weld those on.

I couldn't unbolt the old lights due to the rust, so I cut the bolts off that were holding the fenders in place, then reached inside with a cut-off wheel and split the nuts. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do about sides yet, but I still need to shorten the tongue, weld on a coupler, safety chains, and a new jack. I could finish that today if I had the parts. I'm thinking about getting one of the good wheel chocks for the front. 

If I'm going to do that, I should get one before I put the plywood down so there will be some metal underneath it to bolt to. I need to get a few "D" rings as well. 'Bout time for a shopping trip.

 

2 comments:

Surly said...

The Northern Tool store had a ton of trailer stuff.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Other than the wheel chock, shocks and bushings, I've got most all the parts needed in house or ordered.