Thursday, November 10, 2022

Chopping Stalks

 


The farmer showed up yesterday to chop the stalks - sure sign winter will be here shortly. The weatherman is calling for a chance of snow flurries this Saturday, in fact. Today, however, we might make seventy degrees.


In continuing my quest for organization, I hung up most all of my welding helmets - a couple for use with a hardhat, an auto-darkening one, and a couple with the big window that became necessary once I started wearing bifocals. I've also got a couple of handshields but since I TIG weld most of the time, both hands are needed for the welding process, so they don't get much use. Pretty much one for all occasions.


I painted the trailer frame yesterday and bolted the fenders on. I stuck the bolts up from the bottom for more tire clearance. I'm going to get some acorn nuts for the top side which will look better and less chance of getting snagged that way. I bolted the taillights on to get started on the wiring. I'm planning on working some more on that today. Not too much left to do, actually. I like the sounds of that. 

No comments: