Saturday, November 12, 2022

Happy Days Are Here Again


Good day yesterday. The Missus had surgery to remove the port that was implanted when she was receiving chemo. It was in there for about seven years. Glad to see it go, especially since the oncologist originally recommended keeping it in due to the possibility of the cancer returning. Last visit, however, she said it was time to get it out of there since all the numbers look good. We stopped for lunch afterwards to celebrate and that pretty much shot the day in the ass.

I did go out to the shop to check on some hardware. I got the trailer wired Thursday and I needed some #8 screws to bolt the marker lights on. I was able to complete the job, but the drawer is getting pretty low. I decided to stock up on some stuff as well as getting what I needed to fasten the flooring down on the trailer. I received a comment from a friend a couple of posts back on a local source to get the self-tapping screws I was looking for, but I decided to just put together an order for everything from Bolt Depot. Thanks anyway, Dave.

Later that evening I received a phone call from the local veteran's organization. Seems I won the raffle gun that I bought a ticket for a while back. Since we've been getting all types of calls about signing up for Medicare starting at 8:00 every morning and continuing most of the day, I quit answering the phone. The man in charge left a message to call him on Monday to make arrangements to pick it up. It's been so long since I bought the ticket, I don't remember what they were raffling off. Find out Monday, I suppose.

Record warmth on Thursday, probably the last 70 degree day until March or there abouts. It was nice wiring up the trailer in a tee shirt. Time to fire up the heater and get back on the jitney and the trials bike.

 

1 comment:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

the raffle could be for an antique of vintage gun or maybe something once owned by some famous sun of a bitch. hurry find out and let us know.