Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Trailer


I've been working on some photo stuff as part of the tidying up loose ends thing I've been working on as of late. The shot above is my gallery wall in the woodshop. Most of the photos are portraits I've done along with some other things, most of them out of view to the left. I've about run out of room except where the speed bag platform is. I'm going to take that down. Even though I've got it cross-braced and tied into the wall, it vibrates too much and kills the action of the bag. Might as well take it down and make room for a few more photos. 

I've got a couple of negatives I was going to print up recently, but the developer had gone bad. I need to decide if I'm going to shoot anymore black & white film. I enjoy fooling with the old cameras, but I need to do something with the negatives. I might tackle some alternative process stuff. I bought a tintype kit, and I made a couple of albumen prints once upon a time. Hard to find any incentive these days when my phone takes such nice photos, and the images can be manipulated easily enough on the computer without any special software. I still like my old cameras, though.


Another beautiful day yesterday - temperature was about 50 - just right for working on the trailer again. Productive day. I've almost got it whipped.


Just have a couple of things left to do. I need to finish screwing down the floor and the "D" rings and then it's useable. I'm not too concerned about the sides at the moment. I'll work on them one of these days as a fill in project. I did take it for a little shakedown run. Lights all work, tires hold air and the wheel chock is bolted down. It's about ready to put into service.
 

No comments: