Friday, November 18, 2022

Posters

From Here

I don't know if there's a specific style for a poster like this, but I like it. The Gee Bee flying by is a nice touch. 




These are much more futuristic than the first one, but I've got a personal connection to Bohn Aluminum. My Pops worked for this outfit in Danville, Illinois when I was a youngster. These are the work of Arthur Radebaugh. He did a bunch of similar advertising posters for Bohn, as well as a variety of other works of art. The link will give you a nice overview of his life and work. If you type in a search for Bohn Aluminum and click on images, you'll find some very interesting ads, all of which were very futuristic in style.



Here's a couple of propaganda posters, one Chinese, one Russian.


And here's a little propaganda from the home team. When I first started teaching, I signed up to get Savings Bonds with payroll deduction. I got paid every two weeks, except for Spring Break, Christmas and summer vacations - 19 checks per year. Money was pretty tight when I first started teaching, but with payroll deduction I never saw the money, so I never missed it. I've still got a few of them I kept for an emergency fund even though they've stopped paying interest. Fortunately, I've never had to fall back on them. However, the way things are going, we might see some new propaganda posters urging us to buy war bonds coming our way once again.

 

No comments: