Sunday, November 27, 2022

5K


I did a 5k yesterday with Surly and a few from the boxing gym. I looked around at the start for the guy I used to work with who's a pretty fair race walker. I didn't see him but did spot him when he was right at the 1 mile mark. I told Surly we might be able to catch him if we really hustle - and we almost did. In fact, Surly caught him right at the finish line. However, he let the other guy go ahead. I was about 20 yards behind due to my back tightening up. As it turns out, the other guy was the first male walker, Surly was #2 and I was #3. If I had spied the other guy before the gun went off, Surly and I might have had a 1,2 finish. And Surly was wearing a rucksack with about 40 pounds in it. Probably the only reason I could stay with him. Great day for the race, on both levels.


I got the little bracket made up for the new metric deepwells. They're not in the handiest spot, but I doubt they'll get much use, so it's not a bad choice of locations.


I boxed up the jitney header yesterday. Jet Hot is having a 20% off sale, so time to send it out. I'll call them tomorrow and make sure the price they quoted me is still valid. If it's in the ballpark, I'll get it to the UPS place in the afternoon. It needs to be at Jet Hot by Dec 7th, so not much time to dilly-dally.

I've got some cleaning to do and then it's back on the jitney project and a couple more of the loose-end jobs I've been trying to get done. 

2 comments:

Surly said...

I weighed the ruck. 30# at race time. I need to get it back up around 50. I did four miles on trails yesterday easy. The 5K was fun.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I enjoy doing those type of events, either running, walking or cycling, especially with good company. There's another 5K on the 10th I think I'll do. Maybe I can knock my time down a bit. Not that it matters much at this stage of my life. The main thing is to keep moving. I did earn a medal at the one the other day. I'll get it in my hands one of these days soon. It's for either 3rd place walker or first place age group 70 to 99!.