Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Progress by Leaps and Bounds (for a Change)

 


Hubs are greased with new bearings and seals, and the wheels are back on. I went to Menards yesterday and bought a sheet of treated plywood for the deck. I didn't find the self-tapping screws I wanted, so I got some flathead sheet metal screws, but I think I'm going to keep looking. Hoping to get some paint on this rig so I can get it wired and get the floor screwed down before it gets cold. Fast running out of time.


Finished up the 3/4" drive toolbox yesterday as well. The sides and bottom have two coats of spar varnish, the top has three coats. Two of them after I put the "family crest" on the lid. Pretty happy with the way this one turned out. The woodworking is a nice change from what I normally do. I've got a couple other projects that I want to tackle but they might have to wait until the warm weather returns since the woodshop is not heated.

2 comments:

Becky D said...

We put plywood on a trailer a couple years ago and we think we found the self tapping flathead screws at Sanders Hardware in Valparaiso. It's located near Washington Township School. Dave Deardorff

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Thanks - I forgot about them. I'm going to check with Kaper's Lumberyard today and see if they've got them. If not, maybe get in one more ride on the motorcycle for the season with a ride to Valpo.