Sunday, November 6, 2022

Axle Progress


Big change in the weather yesterday - rain in the morning, cleared later in the day but dropping temperatures. Gusty winds along with it. 

The window guy came out to measure for the replacement windows in the morning. After he left, I put some varnish on the 3/4" drive toolbox, and then went to the gym. After I came home from the gym, I went out to the shop to work on the axle for the trailer project. The unfinished end of the stub axle is 1-1/4" but my largest drill is 1-1/16" so I had to bore out the remaining stock on what will be the spacer bushing to get it to size. I cut a weld chamfer on what will be the bearing end. The stub axle will stick out about a 1/4" on the other end, so I'll be able to just weld around it. I'll weld it up today. I don't like welding anything right before I close up shop - I'd hate to catch the shop on fire, especially on a day when the wind is gusting 40 mph.

 

No comments: