Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Prize

Woke up yesterday morning to snow on the ground. It had changed over to rain by about 9:30 - 10:00 but it wasn't a hard rain, and it continued most of the day. A gentle reminder I need to get the blade put back on the old Allis before we get a big snow. 


I picked up my raffle winnings yesterday. I had to go to the courthouse to pick up a receipt at the veteran's office and then to the gun store, filled out the federal transfer form and it was all mine. Nice little walnut box they had made for it. The box will look nice on top of the dresser but I'm thinking the gun will be a "safe queen". I've got a .22 revolver I inherited from my dad that I use to protect the chickens and a .410 shotgun I got for Christmas 60 years ago that I use to protect the wiring on the vehicles from marauding squirrels. That's about all I need, since I don't hunt, but this new one might be fun to take to the range and a little more firepower might come in handy when the sh*t hits the fan.

I put all the new hardware and some tools away yesterday and made a trim piece for the back door. I'll get it painted up today and get back out in the shop. I've got a couple of pieces to fix for the place I get my veggies and a couple of things to make for the gym. 

 

2 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

the Beretta and box is a nice treasure.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Yes sir! I definitely got lucky on that.