Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Jitney Time Once Again


Running errands yesterday while listening to Pete Fountain - good way to spend the morning. Bank, grocery store, Dollar General, library, car wash, and most importantly, got the header for the jitney sent off in time to get the 20% off Black Friday pricing.


The trip to the Dollar Store was to pick up another 8x10 picture frame for my Billy Goat Tavern photo - that's the one on the lower right. That one was shot with the old Franke Jr, handheld in low light. Came out better than I expected. Lower left is a big lathe at The Henry Ford I was able to take when I had behind the ropes access. Top left is brother Johnny "riding" the bicycle that was hanging from the top of the garage. Top right is a mill at a state park in Kentucky. Click on the photo for a bigger view.

Did a little layout work on the rear axle for the jitney. I'm going to have to move the car before I can do much else. The one end of the axle is hitting the milling machine when I tried to get it lined up. I'll have to move the car over and forward a couple feet before I can get started in earnest on that. Definitely time to move the operation inside - it'll be December in a couple of days - three months of cold weather at a minimum, now.  

No comments: