Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Trailer Progress

 


I finished up the hub project yesterday. Got it all welded up - nice professional job, even if I do say so myself.


I had to drag out the big gun to finish the job. I used this big old wrist breaker to drill the holes for the plug welds and to open up the holes for the lower shock mounts. I bought this thing used many years ago from a place that dealt in used tools. I rarely use it for anything anymore but when I was running a sideline hustle, it got put to use on a fairly regular basis. One of my better investments.


I got the axle plates for the "faux" axle on the jitney, cut out and cleaned up.



Looks like my layout was on the money. Next step is to weld the plates on to one end of the pipe axle and the coupling for the other end. 

Looks like it might be too chilly for painting the trailer today, but it's supposed to hit 70 on Thursday. I'll get the hubs greased up and installed and get the trailer out there. I need to put a little more varnish on the box for the 3/4" drive box and install the hardware after the varnish dries. When I get the jitney axle welded up, I can start getting the rear end pieces fit up and tacked in place. Time to make some more progress on the jitney project.  


No comments: