Sunday, July 23, 2023

'63 Plymouth

 


I repaired the washer that goes on the end of the generator. I welded a SAE flat washer on centered over the original hole and then filled in the slot. The threaded shaft is just the right length to put a new lock nut on it. With the added thickness of the extra washer, the shaft comes out flush with the end of the nut.  Afterwards taking care of the generator, I assembled the starter. Now both the starter and generator are ready to bolt back in after I get the oil line taken care of. 




I was riding my bicycle down the lane to get the mail yesterday and saw this pro-street rig pull into the tavern. I asked the guy if I could take a look at it and he said sure, just watch the bicycle. I'm not sure what engine is in it but I would guess it's a 426 wedge. It has all the goodies - Demon carb, aluminum heads, Mallory ignition, and some big-ass tires under the rear end. I'm guessing it was just put back together after painting. No hood, trim or door handle on the passenger side. Sweet looking and sounding.

No comments: