Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Succulent Sportster

 


The succulents I bought this spring had babies. One of the easiest things to grow and take care of, in fact, I haven't done anything except give them a little water this summer.


The oil line in the foreground of the photo runs from the oil tank to the side cover on the outside of the cams. It was looking pretty shabby, so now's a good time to replace it. Unfortunately, it runs under the starter motor and I couldn't pull it out without removing the starter. When I unbolted the starter, the armature came out and the brushes came out of their holders. Little tricky get them back in place until I got the brilliant idea to use a pair of needle nose pliers and zip ties. While it's out, I'm going to give it and the generator a coat of paint.

I made up a sketch for the stand yesterday. Not much to it - two pieces of angle and a piece of tubing. It'll bolt on where the stock center stand would be and the tubing will stick out on each side of the bike far enough to put a jack stand under it. I'll get the pieces made up today and have the grandson weld them up we he comes down for his welding lesson.

I'm doing a lot more wrenching on this bike than I planned on. However, I budgeted some extra money when I bought this rig - not my first go-round on used motorcycles. Hopefully I'm coming to the end of the repairs. If not, I'm going to be greatly disappointed.

No comments: