Thursday, July 20, 2023

Those Were The Days

 


Mary Hopkin from 1968. Big year in my life - bought my Harley Sprint in April, graduated from high school in May, went to work for Uncle Pete in his weld shop and started getting serious with the future Mrs. Shop Teacher Bob. Pretty much set me on my life's path.


The new O rings for the lifter guides and the clear plug for setting the timing showed up yesterday. However, I went to two of the auto parts stores around here looking for a piece of oil line tubing - "no gots". Looks like it'll be an online purchase. The new battery here's now, though. 

Went to therapy on the shoulder again yesterday. I've been going for 4-1/2 weeks with very little improvement. I told the lady the issues I was having still and she sent the doctor over to take a look. I don't know why he didn't give me a decent evaluation earlier but after he checked me over he changed the treatment and gave me some exercises to do at home. I'm thinking the new plan should do the trick, now that I've only got 5 sessions left.

3 comments:

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

I remember liking that song when I was a little boy.

Surly said...

You should talk to me before ordering parts. I have the clear timing plug and the oil line you ordered...might be too big in dia. on the od. There's a fix for the obsolete oil line things but it's tribal knowledge. My bike needs new lines too and can't be found from the stealership.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Marshall: The song hits a little closer to home now that I'm a guy with a lot more years behind me than in front of me. That being said, those really were the days.

Surly: Hopefully I'm done ordering parts now. For some reason it hasn't registered with me that you're a HD resource. I'll try to keep it in mind in the future.