Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Hardware

 


My hardware order came yesterday - filling in some voids in the fine thread inventory and got some stainless screws to hold the license plate on. I'm still waiting on the oil line however. It was originally scheduled for delivery on Sunday, and then they said I could expect it on Saturday. Still hasn't shown up as of Monday evening. 

I did get all the cam shims sorted so the end play clearances should all be between .006" and .008". Pretty close to the low to middle of the range according to the manual. Since the oil line hasn't arrived, I'll go ahead and get the cams timed and the cover buttoned up after rechecking the end play on all of them. I've got a lot going on this week but I don't want to shelve this project.

I renewed my driver's license yesterday. I wanted to get the Real-ID compliant license and went there last week. I was short a document to verify my Social Security number, so I went back yesterday. For the very first time, out of all the times I've visited a license branch, as soon as I got the ticket in my hand, my number was called. No waiting at all and the lady was friendly too. Apparently, being able to get your plates renewed online has reduced the number of people going to the license branch. That being the case, the state will probably lay a bunch of people off so the wait times will once again be measured in hours.

Looks like I'll be working a corner later this week. Unfortunately, I don't think the boxing gym is going to stay open much longer. I haven't been going due to the shoulder injury and I think all of the coaching is currently being done by a couple of the fighters who've been training there for a while. While I have a lot of respect for those guys, I can't see them taking guys to fights and doing the things that will properly prepare fighters for competition. I hate to see the gym close down, but all good things have to come to an end sometime.

No comments: