Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Everyone's A Winner!


Since my running buddy decided to do the 5K in a different time zone - have I mentioned how happy I am with Mitch Daniels changing all of the state of Indiana to Eastern time except for six counties in the northwest and six counties in the southwest? - I got up at 4:50 to get us all to the show. And of course, the route I had chosen was closed due to road construction, as was my alternate route so I had to go quite a bit out of my way to get there, but get there I did. 

Coach Jen, got her best time of the year, so she was happy. Our boxer came in 4th overall, so he did well. Yours truly was the first walker in but there was no competition. I did shave a couple minutes off my last time, however. And just like on Oprah, she got a medal, he got a medal, I got a medal, everybody got a medal, and the pancake breakfast was included in the sign-up cost. Is this a great country or what?



I got the little tool made for checking the end play on the Sportster cams. Since you have to poke the feeler gauge down through the lifter hole, there's not much room for a regular feeler gauge set. With the tool, I can check the end play easily enough and have enough room to shine my inspection light down in there to see what I'm doing. I ordered some more shims for the cams - a .010" thick set of ten. That should do me. At least I hope so.

When I closed up the shop after checking the cams, I saw a woodchuck in the yard. - big guy. He froze when I stopped to look at him but took off after I made a move. He ran up into the big upright willow tree. I had no idea woodchucks could climb trees. However, I don't think this one will be climbing that tree again.


Even though the berry patch has been taken over by weeds and scrub trees, I did manage to pick a bowlful. They'll taste good on my granola the next few mornings. 

Pretty busy holiday actually. 5K to start the day, did some laundry, picked some berries, mowed some grass and hit a lick on the Sportster. Nice thing about being retired. Every day's a holiday.

No comments: