Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Happy 4th

 


Happy 4th of July!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Made a trip north after therapy yesterday to Aldi and Menards. Got some groceries and some hardware for the Sportster. Menards had the fine thread bolts I was looking for and some chrome plated acorn nuts. The acorn nuts are for the license plate. Currently the plate is held on by four Flash Gordon type fasteners made from chrome plated zinc die castings. If they weren't corroded, I'd just polish them up and let it go at that, but these aren't worth saving.

I bought the plastic box to hold the Sportster tools I made up when assembling the last Sportster I had and spare parts I'll end up accumulating for this one. 

I tried to measure the end play on the cams, but a couple of the gaps were larger than any of the feeler gauges I have. I'm going to make a little tool to make it easier to stack the gauges together to obtain the proper measurement. It looks like I'm definitely going to need some more shims, though.

My running buddy decided she wanted to do the 5K this morning, so I'll be out early getting my exercise. No other plans for the day after that.

No comments: