Friday, July 21, 2023

County Fair

 I went to the county fair on Wednesday. There's not much to it, especially if you go during the day.



I took a stroll through the tractor barn first thing. My brother had one of each of these way back when. The Allis looks better than new - the John Deere not so much. This one looks pretty rough but it does have an electric starter. I don't recall there being one on the "G" model my brother had.


This one was one of the nicer Molines on display. It's owned by a former student of mine. He has a nice looking Farmall that was also on display.



A Standard Cock and a cute little bunny. I walked through all the separate livestock buildings except the one for the hogs. They had judging going on, so I stayed clear. I didn't see any pigeons this year and only three turkeys on display. There's really no reason for me to go to the fair every year. I've seen old tractors before and even though the bunnies are cute, I've seen plenty of those before as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------


Meanwhile, back at the farm, the Sportster center stand is done. The grandson did the welding. He had a little difficulty on a couple of the welds - mostly getting himself positioned so he could steady himself. I'm going to have him weld most everything that comes along here if I figure he's qualified to do so. Anyway, the stand is ready to bolt on. We welded a clip on both ends of the tubing to prevent the jack stands slipping off.

The oil line is on the way. Hopefully, I'll be able to get this rig back together some day soon.

------------------------------------------------------

The Codman exercise I'll be doing three days per week at home looks to hold some promise. This is probably what they should have prescribed from the very beginning. As it is, I have a dull ache in the arm most of the time. I can deal with that alright, but a sudden extension of the arm beyond the current limit of motion brings on some serious pain and colorful language. I've had about enough of it.
 

No comments: