Thursday, July 27, 2023

Little Bit of a Rant


The Holstee Manifesto

It's just a short video but lots of good advice. And since I'm a cyclist, I really like the presentation. I figured it was best to start on a positive note before going into a rant.


I've never been very political, but like many other working-class slobs, I've just about had it with what's going on in this country. And just like it says above, we can fund a war and kill people by the truck load but we have 1 in 5 young people that are food insecure. 

-------------------------------------------------

I saw an article at another blog site where the big statue in Arlington Cemetery is going to be removed. It'll take a few minutes to read the whole thing but it really shows the absurdity of what's going on in the country. 

And going along with the subject of statue removal, I saw on the news the other night the Italian community in Chicago is asking for their statues to be put back. 

I don't know about any of you but I haven't noticed any great improvement in the country since Christopher Columbus has been removed, and I doubt seriously there will be any improvement with the removal of a beautiful work of art promoting the reconciliation of the two sides of the Civil War.

--------------------------------------------------- 

If you haven't heard any of the Robert Kennedy Jr. interview with Joe Rogan addressing the issue of the shrinking middle class, you should chase that down. The more I hear from Kennedy, the more I like him. Of course, there's a long time yet before the next election and I doubt Slow Joe is going to finish out the term, let alone run again. It'll be interesting to see how the Democratic Party reacts to Kennedy when it comes time to pick a candidate. 

-------------------------------------------------

I looked up the tracking info on the oil line I'm waiting on. Amazon received the package at their facility 8:51 PM on Friday and it left their facility at 3:05 AM Saturday morning.

It arrived at my hometown post office at 7:12 AM Saturday.

Package was transferred to another carrier for delivery at 7:54 AM Saturday, same town.

Package arrived at a carrier facility at 8:08, Saturday, same town.

Package arrived at a carrier facility at 8:27 Saturday, at a town approximately 25 miles away.

And that's the last my oil line was heard from - probably fell into the same black hole as the brake shoes I sent out to get relined.

---------------------------------------------------------

This third world country thing is going to take some getting used to.

No comments: