Monday, August 2, 2021

Attack Of The Killer Locust

 


I went to get a couple of things out of the garden shed and found the exoskeleton remains of a cicada. Once I realized it wasn't a spider, I grabbed my tools and went to work.


When I came back a little later I saw what had crawled out of there. It must have been packed in there pretty tight judging by the size of it. I haven't heard them making noise. Maybe this is just the beginning.


Still got some lilies blooming. Beautiful flowers with little to no maintenance.

The hired man was a no show yesterday but I went ahead and tackled the job on my own. There were a bunch of branches rubbing the roof of the shop which required the big extension ladder and the lop shears and I did some work with the chainsaw. I got things done but it would have gone a little easier with some help. I've got to do some similar work behind the big barn also. 

I did get the bracket for the steering box made and welded up. I'll get it ground down and cleaned up today. It looks pretty good - should look even better after I get it cleaned up. Should work too. 

No comments: