Monday, August 16, 2021

Painting Parts

 


I got the axle, spindles and brake brackets painted up. They're Ford gray. However, I'm thinking a darker gray would be more to my liking. This will do for now. It'll keep things from rusting and when I get ready to paint the rest of the frame I'll get a color I'm happier with and shoot every thing with the spray gun rather than a rattle can.


The caliper paint came yesterday afternoon so I got those painted up. I would imagine everything on the front end will need another coat before final assembly but that'll be easy enough since the prep work will be done.

I'm going to get the front end parts put together, figure out the drag link, shock mounts and brake line brackets and keep working my way back.

My buddy was supposed to come down yesterday to check out the Rickati but he rescheduled. I'm hoping he's planning on taking the motor with him when he does get here. I'd like to have this done and get started on another bike before the weather gets cold.

Depending on how things go with the doctor visits and the test results with the Missus this week, I'd like to make some apple cider. The big storm last week blew a bunch of apples down but there's still plenty on the tree. I made the grinder and press a few years back but only used it once. This has been a bumper crop year for the fruit trees. It's a shame to let it go to waste.

I came in the house for my afternoon break and the Missus had the NASCAR race on. Just about the time I sat down they had an issue with some metal curbing and all hell broke loose. Since I don't normally pay any attention to NASCAR anymore, I didn't realize they were running the road course rather than the oval. Anyway, they stopped the race, pulled up the curbing and I see what looked like Doug Boles manning a broom. Boles is the president of IMS and definitely a hands on kind of guy. When Cuzzin Ricky and I went to the midget race at the Speedway a few years ago, we saw Boles shaking hands with all the drivers and thanking the fans. Definitely not a guy who stays behind the desk all the time. From what I've seen, the kind of guy you wouldn't mind working for. 

No comments: