Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Stock Car Ride

 



I finally got a chance to drive the stock car Sunday. The Missus got me the ride for Christmas a couple of years ago. I got rained out the first time and I cancelled out last year due to the cooties. While the cooties are still a problem I figured it was time to get out just the same. 

They suggested doing a ride along to get more comfortable before driving so I took them up on that. The young gun who wheeled me around is a regular driver there and he wasted no time at all getting around the track. The car had a big motor so it really ripped and the driver had the ass end hanging out all the way around the corners. So I did learn what is possible to do on the track.

I was the second to last driver to go out for the day. The track was freshly watered, so no dust and I was out there by myself. It took me a couple of laps to get the feel of the car but I got things rolling pretty good after about five laps and then got the ass end hanging out a ways my self on the last five. 

It was a lot of fun. I've never really wanted to be a race car driver, motorcycles were always more my style but I'm glad I got a chance to do this. The people were all very nice, friendly and helpful. Safety was stressed at the orientation and the cars all ran well. Some of the driving suits were pretty shabby but if you purchase your ride through Groupon, like the Missus did, it's a lot of bang for your buck.

No comments: