Saturday, August 28, 2021

Yodeling Altered

 


If I had really deep pockets, I'd build me a fuel altered. Driving that stock car last Sunday was cool but driving one of these things would have to be close to the ultimate driving experience.


Lots of horsepower with a short wheelbase - just like Wild Willie from back in the day.

Since the jitney is stretching the finances about as far as I'm willing to go, can't see there ever being a fuel altered in my future. An "econoline" dragster would be conceivable if I wasn't building a car and had a line of future projects a mile long waiting in the wings. And because of my eagerness to remedy that, I didn't make it out to the shop at all yesterday. 

I got twelve miles in on the bike in the morning, came home, cleaned up and took the Missus to the eye doctor. She's not a morning person so tries to get her appointments scheduled in the afternoon. While that works for her circadian rhythms, it blows a big hole in my day. However, no further appointments on the schedule for the next couple of weeks. 

I'm planning on a 20 mile ride this morning and then doing a little something in the shop. It's going  to have to cool down a bit before I get to eager to jump in with both feet on anything, though. The days when the heat index is 100 plus suck the ambition out of me. Which brings me to something I'd like to do that doesn't require sweating: yodeling. 


While you can't go wrong with Patsy Montana, Susy Boggus does a top notch version.


I didn't realize any current Country and Western artist did any yodeling - except Ranger Doug of course. He's one of the best.

Since I'll never have a fuel altered and I don't know when I'll be able to get to Hawaii, I should work on learning to yodel. One of the few remaining things on the bucket list. I could practice out in the shop without annoying anyone - and it might keep the wild animals away! 

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Surly said...

Look up a country artist named Corb Lund. I think you'd like him a lot. Canadian, clever lyricist, occasional yodeler.