Sunday, August 15, 2021

It's A Beautiful Day

 


It has been a beautiful day lately.

I drug my ass out of bed fairly early yesterday without having to worry about getting rained on while out on the bike - did 20 miles. When I got home I had some breakfast and then because it was so nice, I had a hard time getting going again. I did make it out to the shop later. I cleaned the rust off the jitney axle and then welded finish the spring perches. While I was out on the bike I swung by the hardware store and bought a can of paint for it. I'm planning on painting the car gray and orange with a few shiny bits. I'm going to paint the axle gray and I've got a can of silver brake caliper paint coming from Amazon that should be here today. Depending on when the delivery shows up, maybe get the calipers painted today, the axle for sure.


Thursday late afternoon/early evening, the dog started barking, we heard a crash and then I see a car backing up off the pad out front. There's a place to park on each side of the pad, so no reason to pull up on the pad other than the Missus backing up on there to unload groceries. The crashing noise must have been the front apron on the car breaking since she hit the concrete hard enough to chip some of it off.


Then instead of turning to the left and following the drive around the back of the barn, she turned right and went out into the yard, went between two trees and then headed back. She made it onto the driveway and headed out without any further damage. I didn't get a good look at her but it was some woman with black hair who must have been drunk as a skunk. I'm surprised she made it between the two trees without any damage or that she didn't end up out on the railroad tracks. Worse case would have been to have bounced off the propane tank. No telling how that would have worked out.

We used to get quite a bit of traffic coming down the lane until the county put a "no outlet" sign at the end of the lane. I'm thinking this was someone who had too much to drink after work at the tavern just down the road. Let's hope that's the end of that.

No comments: