Monday, August 9, 2021

Some More Bike Stuff

 


The perfect pirouette. I had a buddy of mine that used to do that on his bike. This guy must have practiced a few times.


The odometer clicked over another 100 miles yesterday. Actually, I should have another 10 miles but I didn't record one of my rides due to the pickup bracket failure - but who's counting, right?

Pretty hot day again yesterday. After my bike ride I took the wife's car and ran it through the car wash, gassed it up and did some grocery shopping. The grocery store had pork chops on sale for 99 cents per pound so I got two packages with six each in them. By the time I got home it was 1:00 PM and I hadn't eaten all morning, so I broke training and fried up a pork chop along with some peppers and onions and an ear of corn. I figured I'm way behind on my pork consumption since I didn't get my pork burger at the fair or any tenderloins at the races for the last two summers.


Since it was hot but I still wanted to get in a little shop time, I made the new brake arm for the Rickati. I haven't heard from my buddy about taking the motor off my hands. Might have to light a fire under him if the bike's going to get finished this year. 

No comments: