Saturday, August 7, 2021

Resist

 



That's starting to be a common theme it seems. I read something the other day by Rand Paul and that's what he was preaching. He seems to be a lone voice in the wilderness when it comes to what's what in the cooties game. I like the fact that even though he's a politician, he's also a medical doctor and knows of what he speaks. Nice that he called out Fauci on the lies he's been spreading. 

Meanwhile back at the ranch, the plastic mounting bracket for my bike speedometer broke the other night when I was taking the wheel either on or off when I was preparing to ride the bike trail.


I rolled the bike into the shop, pulled the stool up, did a bit of cogitating, made a quick sketch, and went to work.


Quite a bit of machine work for such a little part but it works. Actually, I needed to do some machine work - I was getting a little rusty and I was figuring on starting on the job for the side hustle which would be a similar type of job. That job didn't show up, however. Maybe it'll show today, maybe not. 

I've got some new handlebar tape and a helmet on the way - maybe get the bars wrapped today. I need to get started on the other job for the side hustle - might get started on that today too. I tightened up the new nuts on the steering pieces on the jitney since the hardware order came. It looks like the extension piece I made for the tie rod will work for me. I'm going to order the pitman arm and a couple other pieces. While waiting for the parts to come in I'll get the engine moved into its proper location.

No comments: