Friday, August 6, 2021

Nutz

 


My hardware order came in. I've now got a selection of fine thread nuts on hand - except 5/16. I somehow or other neglected to order any of those. I'll get them next time. I want to get some Grade 8 bolts to hold the steering box in place and I'm sure there'll be more besides that I'll be needing.

The jam nuts in the top left of the photo are for the tie rod and drag link. I'll bore the threads out of them, slip them on and then weld them. It'll make adjusting the tie rod and drag link a lot easier.


I rode the Erie Trail Wednesday evening with two of the coaches from the boxing club. Nice change of pace from the walking/running on Sundays and all of my solo riding. We did about 12 - 13 miles on a nice summer evening. There were quite a few other people out on the trail as well - walkers, runners and bikers. This is the same trail that I did the ruck march on about a year and a half ago. It's a nice trail and very well maintained. I think I might ride it again next week in order to get some longer mileage in without having to ride the same old roads I normally do around here.

No comments: