Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Steering Box Bracket Finished

 



The top view shows the steering box as it will be mounted on the frame rail. The bottom view shows the outside. The frame rail will be horizontal, rather than vertical of course.


The top hole on the box will bolt through the frame rail. The above piece will get welded in to the frame to support the bolt.

Next up is to locate the engine in its final position and get the engine mounts tacked in place. I get that done I'll see what I need to start on the steering linkage. I'll wait and order the pitman arm and a couple other items until I get that taken care of. I'll need a coupler to connect to the steering box, at least two U-joints and some shafting. 

I was out on the bike yesterday morning working on building up my mileage base - got 20 in - and I got a text from the the boss at the side hustle. I rode over on my way home and made arrangements to fix the item he texted me about and then he told me he could use some more of another part I make, so I've got some work ahead of me on his stuff.

The weather's been ideal for outside work, so I've been taking advantage of it and getting a little something done every day around the shack. The heat and humidity is supposed to return this weekend - not looking forward to that - but that's how summer goes in Indiana.



No comments: