Friday, August 20, 2021

Gimme A Brake

 


I finished hanging the rest of the front end parts on the jitney. The parts in the kit are nicely made and should make for a nice front end. I had to take some emery cloth to the spindles to get the bearing adaptors to fit. I was tapping them on with a brass drift and they were just too tight so I tapped a bit, pulled the adaptors off, shined the spindle up with the emery and then tried it again until they went on without too much force. 

I ordered the front wheels and tires yesterday - the wheels are coming factory direct so should be here about Sept. 1st. Tires and lug nuts on Monday. 

In the meantime, I'm taking the Missus to the dentist today. Busy week for the old girl - a couple of tests and now three extractions. That chemo was hard on her teeth. I imagine I'll be spending some time tending to her the next day or two and I've got a fun thing on tap for Sunday. Hopefully work a little shop time into the schedule as well.

No comments: