Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #29

 


This one's the same as last week, just a different color. I got both of them plus a nice polo shirt when I chaperoned the high mileage team on their trip to California. Fun trip. In addition to the free shirts I got to see the Golden Gate Bridge and some giant redwoods. There's a few other things I'd like to see in California but I can't see me traveling out that way again unless it's  a stop-over on the way to Hawaii. I'm still needing that one to complete my tour of all fifty states. There's still a couple of world destinations I'd like to visit as well as a return to Alaska and a couple of other states. Now that I've had the cooties, I'm more inclined to get out again. Looks like I'll be going to Tulsa for the Golden Gloves Nationals. It'll be good to get back on the road.

I found a very interesting YouTube channel while visiting The Pergelater the other day. There was a photo of an old Excelsior motorcycle on the page that caught my eye, so I followed the link to Paul Brodie's YouTube channel to check it out. Seems Mr. Brodie is my kind of guy. The first video that came up was a how-to on brazing. Great info and he explained about automatic fluxers. I was aware of them but had never seen one in action. Not something a guy like me would need but if you built bike frames with brazed joints like Mr. Brodie does, it would be pretty handy. He also has a video on TIG welding and he has several dealing with an Aermacchi road racer. I haven't watched any other than the brazing video but I'm definitely planning on checking them out. Talented guy, excellent instructor.

Made it out yesterday beyond the property line for the first time in two weeks. A trip to TSC for some shop towels, a squirt bottle for WD 40 and a couple of garden plants. Hit the gas station to fill up the cans for the mower - $46.00 for ten gallons of regular. Time to get the bicycle trailer out and use that for running my errands. Save myself some money and get some much needed exercise. 

I got my weight back down to where I'm no longer a heavy weight again but I'm shooting for 170lbs even. I've lost quite a bit of muscle over the last couple of years - and the last two weeks haven't helped matters at all. I'll be back out on the bike starting to get my strength back real soon. My running buddy is still talking about doing a century ride this year. If that's going to happen, I'm going to have to start training in earnest before much longer. 

No comments: