Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Water


We got a new water conditioning system yesterday. This replaces a couple of filters that I had to replace every couple of months. In addition, there's now a reverse osmosis set-up for the ice maker and a separate faucet on the sink. Even with the filters, we used bottled water for drinking, coffee, etc. With all the agricultural chemicals surrounding us, this should give us good water without any chemicals, iron or sulfur. The young man who installed everything is a former student of mine. Pretty much typical story. Knucklehead in high school but plenty of talent and is now making the world go round. Did a fine job for me.

I did some more yard work yesterday. I've about chased the cooties away. However, I broke a tooth a week or so back and yesterday it decided to start causing me pain. I'm now on a round of antibiotics and I see the dentist tomorrow.

I was supposed to rendezvous with the boss at the side gig on Monday but he never called. He sent me a text last evening so we'll try it again. I also got a call from Jimmy's dad about the same time. He's in need of some more welding on his little Ranger pickup that I worked on not too long ago. What he should do is jack it up and drive a new one underneath it. He said he'll be by in a couple of days for me to take a look at it, however. 

I've only got a couple more things to do in the garden and then it will just be normal maintenance. I need to get back on the jitney if it's going to run at the end of the summer.
 

No comments: