Friday, May 20, 2022

The Times They Are A Changin'


They sure as hell are. And certainly not for the better. I watched the 2000 Mules movie yesterday - no doubt in my mind now about vote tampering in the 2020 election, not that there was much before. Even if the next couple of elections are honest, I can't see us voting our way out of this mess now. I'm afraid the country is just too far gone now. 



Did a little yard work yesterday. A little over an hour's worth late morning and I was pretty much spent. It's supposed to be close to 90 again today, so I'm going to wait until it cools off some before doing anymore yard work or gardening. I am going to do some work in the shop today. The Missus told me she saw something on TV about people thinking they're done with covid and then it comes back again a week or so later. That'd be a real kick in the ass. Once is definitely enough. I'll keep easing back into it and hope for the best.

I got a call from TVI yesterday. He needs a bushing made for his sidecar rig. I checked my inventory and I've got a piece of a cored bronze cut-off that's just about right. He said he's in no hurry, so I'll get some progress on the job for my boss at the part time gig and then see about turning that out. If you follow the link to his blog, he's got a short clip of him on the bike with the hack attached a couple of posts back. No engine yet but it's a roller now.

I was looking at the atlas to see about a trip to Tulsa - about 11 hours from the shack. I was also seeing where it was in relation to Lincoln, Nebraska and Manhattan, Kansas. The Tulsa trip would be the middle of August and that would be cutting it close if I tried to go to the fights, Speedway Motors on the return trip and try to get the rear end I want installed in the jitney before Labor Day. However, a trip to Kansas with Lincoln on the return would be do-able. I need to see what Cuzzin Ricky has going on his agenda and maybe head west to see my brother and get parts for the jitney. The rear end is a truck ship item so it might be worth the trip - mix a little business with pleasure. Maybe have a breakfast meeting next week and see what we can come up with. Time to get out and see some racing as well.


No comments: