Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #30


I dug this one out of the bottom of the drawer. Normally when I do the laundry, whatever comes out of the dryer or off the line in the summer, that's what I wear. No point in folding it, putting it away and then grabbing another one. This one made it to the bottom of the drawer and has been there for a while. I can't remember the last time I wore it. It's been around since 2007 and the event was a 10K, meaning it was before I screwed up my chest. No way I could run 6.2 miles now days. It must have been an everyday shirt for a while judging by the dark spots on the left shoulder. Those are from oil slinging off the lathe chuck. Not the first time that's happened, probably won't be the last either.



The flowers are starting to bloom. We've got several colors of iris blooming and the wild rose is coming into its own. When I first moved here 25 years ago, there wasn't a flower visible anywhere. A couple of multiflora roses came back a year or so later but rare was the old farmstead that didn't have flowers. Not the case now.


I've decided to start incorporating garden plants into the landscaping in the future. In addition to the iris and hostas, I've got a couple of pepper plants and a tomato plant in there. No reason I can't fill in some of the spots along the outbuildings with veggies instead of annuals. Not much difference in the work required and with the forecast food shortage, be good to have a supply of organic vegetables easily accessible.

I did some yard work yesterday - mowed the front yard and pulled some weeds. I've still got a few things to plant. Walked three miles on Sunday. Getting my strength back but still a little short of breath if I try to turn up the wick. There's a 5K locally in about a month. I'm hoping to be in good enough shape to walk it at a decent pace. Time will tell.

2 comments:

Surly said...

The wallet is done. I'll see about bringing it down this weekend.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Sounds good - thanks!