Sunday, April 10, 2022

Hose Adapter

 


I machined the hose adapter for the jitney radiator yesterday - should be just the ticket. I also chucked the steering shaft up in the lathe and smoothed out the weld holding the coupling on to the shaft. The shaft was starting to rust, so I polished it up while I had it in the lathe. I'm going to have to do something to prevent it from rusting again. Chrome plating would be nice. I don't know where I'd send it or what that would cost. There used to be a place east of me not too far away that did plating work. I took a quick look at Thomas Directory and didn't find that one but there were several others listed. Something else to check into. 

Maybe work on the steering today - maybe not. It's supposed to be warmer today. I turned the heater back on in the shop yesterday while doing the lathe work. I'm tired of the temps in the thirties and forties. It's supposed to get up close to 70 this coming week, however. I'm ready.
 

No comments: