Saturday, April 30, 2022

Finished Project

 


I finished the stitching pony yesterday. Now that it's done, I think I could have omitted the slot for the clamp screw. I saw that design while researching these things and figured there must have been a reason someone thought it was a good idea. The whole shootin'-match was made from material I had laying around. The knob is a bit of overkill but I like making things like that. I decided to forego any finish and went with the "family crest" instead. 


In the photo are "vix bits" from Garrett Wade. These things are the berries when installing hinges. The bits have a taper matching the angle of the countersunk screw holes in the hinges and a pilot drill inside. Just line the bit up over the hole in the hinge, push down and you've got a pilot hole for a screw in the middle of the hole just like it should be. While I've got a set of these, I've only used a couple of them. The one size I've used quite a bit, however. Makes for easy and accurate installations.

Looks like more rain today. Maybe make another pot of soup with the root vegetables. Work in the shop a bit as well.


No comments: