Monday, April 4, 2022

Walkies & Sprockets

 


A shot from the arboretum the other day. April 1st - hopefully this will be the last of the snow until next year.


They have a charging station on site. This is the first public charging station I've seen. There's a couple of Teslas I see around my neck of the woods but I don't think the EVs will be cutting into the IC rigs too much even with fuel prices continuing to go up. I didn't look at the charger real close but I didn't see a slot for your credit card. I can't imagine giving away the electricity to members but maybe that's a perk.


We went on our Sunday walk yesterday - 3 miles at the fairgrounds next county north. Good day to be out. My new sprockets came in Saturday, so before I went walkies I cut the keyway in the shaft. It's finally warming up a bit, so I'll see if I can't get busy and spend a little more time in the shop. I've got a couple of appointments this week but I'm looking forward to throwing the big doors open and getting back after it.

2 comments:

Surly said...

Most new credit cards have a tap feature so you don't have to insert or swipe. That charger has that functionality. They are charging so you can charge. To burn more coal.

Unknown said...

Like I said in the post, I didn't look real close, mainly because I doubt I'll ever own an EV. In fact, I doubt I'll ever buy another new vehicle at this point. At 5,000 miles per year, by the time I hit 80 that'll only be another 40,000 on a vehicle that only has 24,000 on it now.

The whole EV thing is one jumbo scam. I can't imagine a guy owning a four flat wanting to invest thousands of dollars to put in charging terminals for his tenants. If you live way up north some places have electric hook-ups for the block heaters with the parking meters. Park the car in the business district, plug it in and walk home. Of course the charge won't last when it's freezing ass cold anyway.