Saturday, April 2, 2022

Treat Her Right


Probably the only white guy who could out maneuver James Brown on the dance floor. Check him out when he somersaults off the stage. Not much more than a one hit wonder as a rocker, but he sure got a lot of mileage out of it. He did make his mark on the country charts, though. I would have liked to have seen him live back in the day. 


This one's for our dog Larry. Every time he has to get in the car he starts shaking. I had to load him up for a trip to the vet again yesterday and he started shaking while I was putting on his harness. And then he always has to take a nervous poop as soon as we get there. So far, at least, he's never dropped a load in the car but he has made a deposit on the floor of the vet and the groomer a couple of times. I guess it's not that big of a deal, considering the president's behavior when visiting the Pope.


Here's our boy about half doped up and sportin' the cone of shame on the return trip. Should be a fun couple of days ahead for all of us.

There was a flat track race scheduled for today not far from me. It's a go-cart track, so it can't be too big. I was planning on going over there but it looks like it's going to be a rain-out.

The gym is having a fundraiser this evening but I'm still avoiding crowds, so I'm passing on that. I am thinking about going back and starting to work out again. I can go during the day when no one's around. I took my blood pressure the other day and it's telling me I need to do more cardio. I went to the arboretum and walked around yesterday for about three miles but that doesn't get the heart rate up much. Things were kind of sloppy there but now that I'm a member, it'll be a nice place to walk and take photos.

Haven't heard from my running buddy about our weekly walk yet. The Missus suggested a place for us that would be a nice change of pace - I'll have to run that one by the group. 

No comments: