Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #26


Number 26 - halfway through the year already and still no shortage of tee shirts. In fact, the one in the photo is brand new. Surly brought this down for me on Sunday.


And just in case you couldn't see the patch clearly enough in the large photo, you want to read it and remember it for safety sake.

Surly also brought an aluminum job for me to weld. I'll have to confess it wasn't my finest effort. My hands were a little shaky and I touched the tungsten into the puddle a few times. I had two pieces to weld - the second looked a lot better.


After Surly left my running buddy picked me up and we headed to the park for our Sunday walkies. Just as we got to the park it started raining, so we headed back home. Just before we got out of town there was a wreck right in front of us. I was sitting in the back seat so I didn't see it while it was occurring, but one of the vehicles ended up in the ditch and the other one was stopped in the road with quite a bit of damage. Fortunately no one was hurt.

I installed a new faucet on the kitchen sink yesterday along with my typical Monday chores. The installation went well - no trip to the hardware store needed and I only had to make two trips out to the shop once I was under way. Once for some silicon sealer and once for a couple of zip ties to keep the hoses from getting tangled up underneath the sink. The new faucet has a pull-down sprayer which will be handy. You can turn the sprayer on while the head is still in place for hands-free spraying while rinsing dishes as well as pulling the sprayer head out. 


While Surly was here, he gave me a hand putting the cylinder head on the jitney motor so I can figure out where to mount the remote oil filter. I've got a bracket tacked in place but after a quick eyeballing, I'm not so sure that's going to work. I might see about putting it on the outside of the frame rail - easy to service and it'll show off the Offenhauser filter cover.  

I got the shock mounts tacked onto the wishbones after my plumbing adventure - not much but every day a little something.

No comments: