Friday, April 29, 2022

Stitching Pony

 



I made a bit of design change for this one, so it didn't get finished yesterday. I'm deciding if I should put some type of varnish/sealer on it. If I do, it won't get done today either. Not that big of a deal, just want to finish this one so I can get started on the one for my boss at the side gig. Plus, this is for Surly and he could use it for a project he's working on for me.


I went to Indy last night for the Golden Gloves. I knew it had been a while since I'd been there. I checked the archives and the last time I was there was 2017. I was working nights at the college '18 & '19, and they weren't held '20 & '21, so it's definitely been a while.

There were four guys from our gym scheduled for the night, however, we had one win by walkover, one whose opponent pulled out of the tourney for some unknown reason, one who pulled out because he was eleven pounds over-weight, and one who actually fought for a win by decision. 

The last time I saw him fight was last summer in Terre Haute. He looked a lot better last night. He dominated the fight - still has a lot of room for improvement - but both his mental and physical game have improved. Unfortunately, he has to fight one of our fighters in the finals. 

Good night out. I'll be staying home next week. The finals are usually pretty crowded and I don't want to push my luck with the cooties. 

No comments: