Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #24


Here's an oldie but a goodie. Close to twenty years old and still in relatively good shape. I like wearing long sleeve tees when the weather turns cold, which means the shirts usually get pretty holey around the cuffs from welding sparks. This one somehow escaped that fate and is still in good shape around the neck. I was still running in 2003, rather than race walking. I don't remember much about the race , so I probably didn't do much more than finish, which was status quo for me.

We've been thinking about getting a water filtration set-up in the house, rather than the two filters we have now. The water guy was here to test the water and he needed to get some before it hit the filters. The filters needed to be changed anyway, so when I went to remove the filter housing the nipple going into the filter assembly snapped in half. Fortunately I had a pipe plug in stock, so there's no cold water running to the kitchen sink or the ice maker, but everything else is good. I tried removing the broken part of the nipple that was stuck in the housing but wasn't having any luck, so I'll see if I've got a short piece of pipe to replace the filter completely. If not, off to the hardware store.

I got another 2 mile walk in yesterday, along with a trip to the library and the dentist. I finished the second left-hand threading job as well. I need to get a couple more miles in this week to not only get my required six, but a few more to pick up the slack for the missed miles in March. I want to be caught up by the first of May. 

No comments: