Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Tee Shirt Tuesday #25


Not a bad day on Sunday - sun was out, a little cool, but not so cold I couldn't mow the back yard. Yesterday was a different story. Woke up to snow on the ground. It was all melted off by about 11:00, but it never did warm up much more than 40 degrees. I wanted to finish the radiator support rods and brackets, so I lit the heater in the shop and got those taken care. Started snowing later in the evening again, by the way.


Rods are nice and shiny. I polished them up on the lathe and then ran them on the buffer. It's hard to see in the photo but on the end with the left-hand threads, I milled a flat for a wrench. Not that they'll ever need adjusting after the final installation, but since I've got left and right-hand threads, all I'll need to do to adjust them is loosen the jam nuts, put a wrench on the flats and then turn it which ever way I need to without unbolting the rod. 



Surly brought down a few things on Sunday - some gouges and a tool box, both of which used to belong to my dad. 

Pops carved a few birds and decoys. I'm assuming that's what the gouges were for. The tool box was a "government job" from way back when he used to work at Bohn Aluminum. The link will take you to a page of their advertisements, all of which had a futuristic theme. Both the design and art work are top shelf. Might want to give them a look.


And now, what you've all been waiting for, the tee shirt of the week. The shirt says the 39th annual, which means this fall it will have been eight years since I ran it. This is a 10K (6.2 miles) event. I might have done this one twice. I remember my running buddy and I doing it together for sure at least once. I could ask her but the chances of her remembering are really slim.

I'm taking the dog to the groomer today. That little guy has been costing us a small fortune as of late, but he's worth it. However, with the way the economy is going, if he keeps running up the bills I might have to get him a paper route or something to help pay his way. It's supposed to be a bit warmer today, so I'll get back out into the shop for a while.

 

2 comments:

Surly said...

The gouges did not belong to Grandpa. Perhaps I wasn't clear. Brandi found them at a sale.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Thanks for the clarification.