Saturday, April 16, 2022

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked


Ain't no rest for the wicked or the righteous sometimes, either. With all the crazy going on these days, there probably aren't too many that are just coasting along these days. I went to the grocery store a couple of weeks back and the deli counter had Kretchmar sliced roast beef for $13.99/ lb, I bought a 3/8" pipe nipple 6" long for $6.09. I ordered parts from Speedway Motors and recently if you ordered $99.00, shipping was free. Not anymore, cheap shipping cost me $12.07. As much as I'd like to blame Slo-Joe for all of this, spending has been out of control for a long time. Things have just escalated quite a bit in the last year. I see a serious cost overrun on the jitney project, along with everything that I've got plans for.


Should be everything I need to hook up the brakes from the calipers to the master cylinder. I forgot to order the jam nuts for the radiator support rods. I'll get them next order from Speedway or when I place a hardware order.


I got the brackets for the radiator support rods made up and tacked together. These will get bolted thru the firewall and into the framework behind it. 

Cuzzin Ricky went out on the road again Thursday and I tagged along. That makes two trips out of state this year and it's only April. We stopped for lunch at a place I heard advertised on the local radio station I listen to. Since we haven't been going to the racetracks, we got ourselves a couple of pork tenderloins. Decent sandwiches, price and service - we don't head over that way too often, but now we've got a good spot for lunch when we do. We also found a bargain spot to buy gas - $3.73 cash, $3.79 credit. Ordinarily those prices wouldn't be considered much of a bargain but they were close to 50 cents cheaper than most of the other stations. We drove by the Kankakee River State Park on the way home. I looked it up after I got home - camping and a 10.5 mile bike trail. I might venture over that way with the little trailer and my bike.

Need to do some grocery shopping this morning, going to try and get a couple of miles in and get a little something done in the shop as well. No rest for the wicked.

No comments: