Thursday, April 7, 2022

You Make Me Feel Like Dancing

 


Went to see the tax lady yesterday morning. The Missus and I are getting a right nice refund this year. Apparently, we didn't have to pay taxes on all of our Social Security. Not sure the whys and wherefores about all that but as long as Uncle Sam is refunding a decent chunk of my money, I'm not going to complain. Reason enough to have happy feet the rest of the day.

I swung by the old part time gig to check with the boss about the legs I need to make for him - think we've got all the details worked out. I need to modify my drawing slightly and get a material list put together. His son is going to be helping me with this job. I was teaching him welding while working there and the kid is now gainfully employed as a welder, so that worked out. He's a nice kid - it'll be fun working with him.


On a whim, I checked on the parts that came with the motor and tranny I bought for the jitney, and it looks like the stock lower radiator hose is just about what I need. Maybe a little bit of trimming off of both ends and then make a reducing adaptor for the outlet on the radiator so it's the same size as the water pump and I'll be in business. Now I need to figure out what the hose came off of. I didn't ask the guy I bought the engine from what it came out of. If my interpretation of the engine stampings is correct, the engine is a 1980, 225 CID, regular gas, assembled on July 11th, with a cast iron crankshaft. According to my book, however, "by the early 1980s, Chrysler Corporation was a disorganized mess, and the chaos even extended to engine stampings." So, it'll be interesting to see what it will take to get the proper hose. At least the top hose should be pretty straight forward.

No comments: