Saturday, April 23, 2022

Keeping Tabs On Things


I got the tabs for mounting the dashboard rounded off and welded on yesterday. After bolting the dashboard in, I put the steering wheel on, set the seat in the cab and climbed in to see what the fit will be like. It's kind of hard to tell without the seat bolted down but I think it'll work. It's going to be a bit snug with my long legs and big feet but I'm going to get the seat secured and then see what I've got. 


I spent a few minutes yesterday looking at the old boat trailer Surly drug down a couple of years ago. The original idea was to convert it to a utility trailer with the primary purpose hauling motorcycles around. He's since got another trailer so this is one isn't really needed. However, it needs to either become useable or scrapped. After looking at it, I think it would actually be pretty easy to convert it into a nice little trailer without spending an arm and a leg on it. I'm going to keep thinking about it and maybe after the weather stabilizes a bit, maybe start on the fabrication part of it.


An attachment for an engine stand to hold a boat motor. I no longer have a boat motor so I don't need this currently. I can clean it up and paint it for some future time or I can cut the pipe off the end and scrap the rest. I'm leaning towards scrapping - time to make a more serious effort towards downsizing. Get things finished or get them gone. 

No comments: