Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Springtime!

 


Must finally be spring, the magnolia trees are flowering. Beautiful day yesterday. Temps made it up into the seventies, sunny and not too windy. I got in another two miles walking in the morning. Went by the high school to drop some money off at the weld shop for a couple of raffle tickets and then I snuck down the hallway to check in with my buddy Kevin, now that he's back in the classroom. He said he has the CNC mill back on line again, which means I might be able to contract him for the jitney medallion I want for the grill shell. And, he remarked that it was the ten year anniversary of my heart attack. Yep, it's been ten years to the day this week. Other than dealing with the wife's cancer, it's been one of the best decades of my life. As long as I stay away from the red meat and the sugar and keep exercising, should make it at least to eighty. 

Did a little more yard work yesterday, replaced the pipe where the water filter used to be, took the dog to the vet for removal of the stitches, and some other little things. There's still a couple of appointments on the calendar but I'll turn up the gas on my own projects soon.

No comments: