Saturday, April 9, 2022

Little Bit of Jazz

 


I'm reading a Michael Connely book that has the Harry Bosch character in it and the main character pulls up to his house and Compared to What is playing loud in the house. Harry explains the song is Compared to What but it's not the better known Les McCann, Eddie Harris version but a version by John Legend and Roots. I listened to one of those versions but, while it's done well, it just doesn't have the "kick" of the Les McCann version. I've got the Swiss Movement album and I did have the cd as well. This version's been around for 50 years but it's still one of my favorites.

And speaking of jazz music, the Missus had to go back up to the hospital for a routine thing, so we headed a little farther north for a late lunch yesterday to a little restaurant that had a nice bohemian vibe to it. The Missus had a "dolled up" grilled cheese and I had a vegan Reuben, of all things. Food was good and they had a nice jazz soundtrack playing while we ate. I've really missed not being able to get out with the old girl. 


I picked up the radiator hose for the jitney yesterday - got it right on the first try. Even though the motor was assembled in 1980, it must of been for the '81 model year. For the record, it fit's a Dodge Aspen or Plymouth Volare. Now I need to make an adaptor for the radiator that will reduce it from 1-3/4 to 1-1/2 and I'll be in business.

No comments: